This is a perfect make-ahead dessert for that special someone this weekend. Super quick and easy to make.
Decadent and smooth
Taste of bittersweet and tang
You’ve got my soft spot
#foodmood #haiku #ediblemood #edibleletters
For the Pastry
125g flour, plus extra for dusting
pinch of salt
65g cold butter
2 egg yolks
cold water (as needed)
For the Filling
200ml heavy cream
200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
1 box x raspberries
White chocolate, melted
fresh mint sprigs
- For the pastry, mix all the ingredients together until the mixture comes together to form a dough. If the dough is too dry, you may add a splash of ice cold water to it. Wrap in plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line a 6 – 8 inch tart tin. Place dough into tin and use fingers to gently press the dough down. Use a fork to prick the bottom of the pastry.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- For the filling, heat up the heavy cream, vanilla extract and sugar in a pot.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and put them together with the butter in a large bowl. Pour over the hot cream mixture and whisk slowly until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the cooled tart shell and leave to cool. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- When tart is set, decorate with fresh raspberries. Melt some white chocolate and drizzle on top. Decorate with fresh mint and dusting of icing sugar.