I really love autumn. As the weather is starting to cool off, we get to spend more time in the kitchen, making slow cooked stews, braising meats and baking delicious warming desserts. From beautiful figs and juicy pears to dark leafy greens to sweet root vegetables and squashes, who could resist these seasonal goodies? Everyone should make the most of what they can find at the markets this autumn and cook up the best dishes that this season has to offer.
Here’s my recipe using two of my favourite autumn fruits: figs and pears. Hope you guys will like it!
Crepes with Fresh Figs and Pears
Basic Crepe Batter:
2 large eggs
pinch of salt
½ tbsp sugar
125g all purpose flour
30g melted butter
1 pear, peeled, cored and sliced
4 fresh figs, quartered
½ tsp vanilla
handful sliced almonds
optional: fresh whipped cream
- Whisky eggs, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in flour. Add milk. Stir until well combined. If there are lumps, strain with sieve. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- In a pot, add in butter and honey. Cook for 1 minute then add in pear, figs, water and vanilla. Coat the fruits in the honey mixture. Let cook for 5 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
- In a big frying pan, heat over medium heat and brush with melted butter. Pour a thin layer of crepe batter into the pan and swirl to coat the bottom evenly.
- Cook until the top starts to dry and the sides start to loosen up (about 1-2 minutes). Use rubber spatula and quickly flip to other side and cook for 1 more minute. Take crepe out of skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- Plate up 2 crepes per person and top with cooked fruits, sliced almonds and whipped cream. Serve immediately.
糖 1/2 茶匙
香梨 (去皮, 切片) 1個
- 把蛋， 鹽和糖打勻。慢慢加入麵粉打勻，再加入牛奶，直到完全拌勻 (可過篩能餅漿更幼滑)。 讓它靜止15分鐘，備用
- 一直煎直到可麗餅微微翹起 (大概1-2分鐘)。用塑膠刮刀快速翻起另一面再煎1分鐘。重覆這個步驟
For more recipes, cooking tips and kitchen ideas, follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/charmainecooks